I don’t know about how all of you are feeling these days about the political situation in these United States of America but I am worried. I am worried about what the future holds. I am worried about what my kids and grandkids will be forced to deal with some day. Most of all I am worried that we can’t continue to be the great country that we are if things do not get turned around. So here is the top ten reasons that I could think of to fire 99% of America’s politicians:
1. The Socialist Agenda – Obamacare…that is about as socialist as it gets but there is a growing shift towards socialism in America and it is coming from the top!
2. The Economy – The economic situation is in the crapper and the clowns on Capitol Hill are fixing it by continually voting to raise the debt ceiling. Really?!?! How is taking on more debt going to make the economy better? Everyone that manages or even halfway tries to manage their personal finances knows that you can’t make any forward progress with debt by taking on any more.
3. Unemployment – The Recovery and Reinvestment of 2009 has yet to lead the nation on any road to recovery and the jobs just aren’t there. Just ask that shift manager at McDonald’s that is hoping to pick up an extra shift because he still owes $80,000 on his school loans. And since everyone working for minimum wage has a college degree, guess where everyone else is working? They are not! We can also add the fact that the President is having U.S., job producing companies like Gibson guitars raided and shut down while he tries to distract the American people with some Presidential prestidigitation to keep our eyes off of what is really going on.
4. Taxes – These days taxes seem to be the answer for everything. Municipalities don’t have enough money? Raise taxes or institute new ones! The government spends our tax dollars to subsidize the corn farmers, then the corn gets turned into corn syrup, and the government wants to tax us on drinks like soda that contain these same corn sugars! Why is our government spending our tax dollars to subsidize things that they want to tax us on? Or why is the ammunition tax included in the price of ammunition which I have to pay tax on? This is paying taxes on taxes and it is ok because the government is driving the train!
5. Gas Prices – I am thinking this one is self-explanatory but it kind of comes down to the fact that we are still depending on oil from countries that we are only friendly with because we need their oil. There is oil under our country and if oil is not the answer then we need to figure out what the answer is going to be.
6. Eliminating Freedom – The government is stripping away our freedoms more and more every day. This is evidenced by actions such as those taken by the VIPR teams that are acting in America’s “best interests” by pulling over families randomly as they travel on the interstate system.
7. Vanishing Liberties – Anybody flown lately? I don’t think that I should have to be scanned or groped so that I can go visit someone or some place. The DHS and TSA is not making significant strides in securing our country but they are making significant strides in keeping law-abiding citizens from being able to enjoy our existence.
8. Lobbyists – There are over 12,000 lobbyists in Washington, D.C. that are there to persuade our “representatives” to spend tax dollars on special interests that include weapon systems, healthcare, defending tobacco use, and what color Rihanna should dye her hair next, but why is there no one standing up for the American people? If politicians don’t kick the lobbyists out of Washington, then the politicians should be kicked out of Washington!
9. Entitlements – Just because someone gets elected to be a civil servant does not mean that this same person should be entitled to things like insider trading and defense contracts as they are on their way out the door. If it is illegal for everyone else then it should be illegal for everyone…period!
10. They are all crooks! Just about every politician in America should be in the same cell block as Rod Blagojevich right now. No Congressman with the same last name as the body part that you resigned over should receive any long-term benefits from a single term of questionable service for the American people.
That is my two cents!
Just to add one bonus point…there should be strict term limits. The political system in our country was not established to be a career for someone. It is a public service. When the country started, politicians were summoned from their regular jobs to go to Congress. It should still be the same way.