In this weeks edition of Monday Mania: Deadly Prepping Problem, Engineer Your Perfect Life, Surviving Occupied America, The 6 Laws of Survival, & 15 More
Monday Mania – 2.1.2016
Aaahhhhh! It’s February already. Where does the time go?
First things first, I know that I am having some issues with my website and emails. Here’s what is going on:
***WARNING*** – If you are on a mobile viewing platform and try to go to the site, it will try to tell you that:
Your Adobe Flash Player version is outdated.
Please install downloaded update file
Click OK to see instructions
DON’T DO IT!
This is an attack on those who have the Android platform specifically. It will not be able to download anything to other platforms. That said, please be careful anyway.
I am working on trying to get things squared away but I am not a cyber security professional and digging through the backend of my website is complicated for me. I thought I had it fixed yesterday but it is popping up again today.
Secondly, there are some issues with my email list and how it interacts with my website. I am looking into that as well but I am not sure when that may be resolved.
The internet can be a huge advantage for many things but with that comes many problems, including people doing malicious things.
I want to share a few of my thoughts on the situation with Ammon Bundy and company that yielded tragic results last week. I am sure that if you are reading this, you are most likely familiar with the situation that was/is still occurring at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.
I don’t know that the death of LaVoy Finicum could have been avoided if things were done differently, but I am confident that the groups approach destined them for trouble eventually. I was not surprised by the news of Finicum’s death. In fact, I was surprised that the situation did not end with more deaths.
Starting Question: Why did the FBI release video footage of Finicum being killed but they do not release other tapes of law enforcement involved shooting deaths?
Side Note: Maybe if the world had seen the video of the Michael Brown shooting, then Officer Darren Wilson would either be in jail (like some people want) or the man could live his life in peace and may still have his career. #BlackLivesMatter though, right? What about everyone else?
Here are a few of my thoughts:
- Ammon Bundy picked a fight that he was destined to lose. I believe that there were good intentions to go to Eastern Oregon and stand in support of Dwight Hammond Jr. and his son Steven Hammond. The follow on mission of occupying the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge was a mistake.
- I definitely believe that what a group of people believe in is worth fighting for but, all peaceful routes should be completely exhausted and a large quorum should be in agreement before the thought of violence is considered.
- There may be a time where fighting is going to be the best solution to a problem within the United States but I pray to God that it does not happen.
- If Bundy was set on the occupation, bringing guns along set them up for a violent ending (maybe that is what they ultimately wanted). The federal government has demonstrated their ability to resort to violence at places like Waco and Ruby Ridge, anyone wanting to take a stand against the federal government should remember that.
- If the Hammonds had accepted their fate, the best move was to go along with that.
With all of that said, there is another perspective to consider. We live in a time where many are divided over issues (some of them large in nature) and certain efforts have been largely supported by a certain side and criticized by the other, resulting in an ever greater divide.
- It is crazy that Occupy Wall Street was a movement that took over public spaces across the country and really no significant consequence came of that. The police did not follow the occupiers to other locations with the intent of ambushing them.
- The movements’ motto is, “the only solution is World Revolution.” Ammon Bundy was staging a revolution of his own.
- The Occupy movement garnered support from:
- Barack Obama, The President of the United States
- Nancy Pelosi, Minority Leader of the United Stated House of Representatives and 52nd Speaker of the House of Representatives
- Charlie Rangel, New York 13th Congressional District Representative and notorious violator of ethics
- Dennis Kucinich, Ohio 10th Congressional District Representative (at the time
- Barney Frank, Massachusetts 4th Congressional District Representative (at the time) and former chair of the House Financial Services Committee
- Al Gore, (no introduction really necessary) Former Vice-President, Presidential Candidate, Overall idiot, and
Global WarmingClimate Change Fear Monger
- Buddy Roemer, 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate
- Ron Paul, 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate and longtime critic of the Federal Reserve (Not a fan of the Fed myself but also don’t care for the Occupy movement)
- Multiple celebrities including Mark Ruffalo, Tim Robbins, Yoko Ono, Roseanne Barr, Susan Sarandon, and Russell Simmons.
- The Occupy movement was also openly supported by the Communist party, the Socialist party, and the American Nazi Party. (Good company right?
- The Bundy occupation received support from no politician, no party, and certainly no celebrities (as far as I am aware).
- In the case of the Occupy movement, their message centers around dismantling the financial system and Capitalism in the United States. That is okay (and widely supported), but bringing to light the fact that states like Nevada and Oregon are more than 50% owned by the Federal Government seems to be problematic for those who lean to the left.
- As a side note, the Occupy movement openly states that they model their movement after the Arab Spring. The Arab Spring as a movement did protest but they also incited riots and started civil wars. Some of those wars are still ongoing. In fact, we are now deploying American troops to Syria because of one of those civil wars. The Occupy movement models their movement after a group that incites riots and starts wars and they have the support of our president. Interesting.
- By the way, the Occupy movement is not gone. This last Saturday they joined forces with many social justice groups, including Black Lives Matter, and marched in support of Bernie Sanders for President (2016).
This is only one issue. My concern is that at the rate things continue to evolve, and the divide between sides widens, that we are putting ourselves in a dangerous position. Even then, sometimes to have to pick a side and fight with everything you’ve got.
I am a native Oregonian and there is a reason that they call if the “Left Coast.” Ammon Bundy chose a state to stage his fight that, as a whole, would never support what he was trying to do.
I hope that y’all have a great week!
MY FINDS FOR LAST WEEK:
These People Were Prepared During Snow Storm Jonas, But They Died Because of This Mistake – This is a great reminder about a deadly problem.
“New American Dream”: Activist Plans to Survive In First Ever ‘Zero Waste Sapioponic’ Homestead – Interesting idea. I love the quote though:
“We’re setting up a homestead. This is, as far as I can tell, the new American Dream. Buy an RV, buy a piece of land and build until you’ve engineered your perfect life from the ground up and truly become the entrepreneur of your own happiness.”
How To Survive Occupied America – Mindset and knowledge will go a long way regardless of the situation.
Surviving Occupied America, Part 2 – After mindset and knowledge comes action.
How Do You Know When Your Society Is In The Midst Of Collapse? – Some interesting reflections on the current state of our society.
The Six Laws of Survival: Strategies For Beating the Worst Case Scenario – Six great points but I think that number two is my favorite.
OK, You Survived…but What If You Have Been Captured? – God forbid this scenario ever comes to reality in the United States but if it does, here is some good information to ponder.
How to Escape a Totalitarian Detention Camp – OK, you got captured, now what? Escape of course! Here’s how.
Types of Traps to Catch Feral Hogs – While they make work for feral hogs, having knowledge of how to make an animal trap could be very helpful if you find yourself trying to find your own food.
Bug Out Bags and Survival Vests – I have a couple of tactical vests of my own from my glory days. The idea of a survival vest is something that I have always wanted to do. Here is someone who has.
A Quick Guide To Shooting Fundamentals – The fundamentals of shooting, I believe, are something that everyone should learn in life (the earlier, the better).
Bug In Contingencies – A few considerations if you find yourself sheltering in place.
MORE MADNESS IN THE WORLD:
What’s wrong with America? And how did we get here? – That’s a good question. I wish I had a perfect answer.
The Perception Of Patriotism: Sears Censors “The Right Of the People To Bear Arms” On Zippo Lighters – The things I accomplished in the military mean nothing because stolen valor is now considered free speech but the 1st Amendment doesn’t cover it’s own Bill of Rights?
UNBELIEVABLE: Danish Teen FINED for Fending off Would Be Rapist with Pepper Spray! – Yes, the world really has become this stupid.
Facebook and Instagram Will No Longer Allow Private Gun Sales – I’m surprised to hear this was ever allowed. Facebook isn’t really known for their bipartisanship.
Gang of Masked Swedes Attack Migrant Children in Stockholm – Is this like looking into a crystal ball and seeing the future of America?
REALLY BAD IDEA: Oregon Musician Going to Syria to Stop ISIS with “Peace Concert” – I’m sharing this, but leaving this one alone. Ok, one thing…he must be a Democrat.
That’s a wrap for me this week. As always, I hope that you all have a great week and keep getting ready for tough times. It seems like we get closer every day to something unfortunate coming along.
If you found something that you would like to share with the group or have any questions, don’t hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come back next week for another edition of Monday Mania.
If you appreciate the content here on The Prepared Ninja, I would love it if you left a comment or shared a post with your friends or loved ones! We are all in this together after all, right?
With that being said, it does cost me money every month to keep The Prepared Ninja up and running. If the site does help you and you would like to help support it, you can provide monetary support to help keep things going via PayPal here. Thank you!