Marc Lacrimosa from Gear2SurviveShop.com runs a great online survival and preparedness store as well as hosting a radio show, Gear2Survive, on the USA Emergency Broadcasting Network. Marc also has a store location in Winder, Georgia for those that might want to check it out! In addition to dedicating so much of his time to survival, he is a knife guru! It is well worth the time to check out his radio program to learn about the gear required to survive a myriad of situations.
The man behind Gear2Survive was willing to share a little survival insight and here is what he had to say:
- If I were limited to only one firearm for survival, I would own an AK 47 7.62 X 39 CAL.
- The single most overlooked prep is water and fire preparedness.
- The first thing to disappear following a disaster will be electricity and water.
- If I could have a retreat anywhere in the world, it would it be in the Northeast Georgia mountains near North Carolina with 10-20 acres and water.
- In my opinion, the best commercially produced survival food on the market today is Wise Foods.
- The items that I have on me at all times include: A Chris Reeves Project II Knife, Glock 23 .40 cal., and a small evasion style bug out bag, loaded.
- The last book that I read was Home Defense Prepping.
- One thing that I would miss the most if an EMP shifted my lifestyle back to the 1800’s would be electricity.
- Stuck on an island and forced to choose one person to survive with, I would pick my wife as my survival partner.
- The vehicle I drive is a 2005 Dodge 1500 Quad Cab.
I would like to thank Marc for sharing a little bit about what his thoughts are on survival. Make sure to swing by his site and check out all the great survival and preparedness items. You can also catch Marc on Facebook, YouTube, and his blog.