Cooking With The Sun After TEOTWAWKI
One of the greatest concerns in any sort of disaster is how you will be able to feed yourself and your loved ones. Depending on the scenario, the challenge of feeding yourself can fall along a wide spectrum when considering the degree of difficulty involved.
In a post-collapse scenario there a few concerns:
If you have read any type of post-apoctalyptic fiction (my favorites are the Survivalist Series by A. American and The New World Series by G. Michael Hopf), you are probably familiar with the concern of starting a fire because of the smell and smoke that it generates that some of these characters experienced.
There is also the concern of fuel for your cooking source. Whether it is a stove, grill, or open fire; you need fuel and that can often be a finite resource.
Even if the scenario is not as extreme as a total collapse, like something more mild such as a power outage or very localized natural disaster, there is a need to be able to provide food for you and your loved ones.
I was previously familiar with the idea of cooking with a solar or sun oven, but I was not entirely aware of the actual possibilities that are available with a sun oven. At least that was the case until last week. Last Thursday I had the privilege of hosting a webinar with Paul Munsen, the owner of the All American Sun Oven company. With 28 years behind the design, manufacture, and use of these sun ovens, Paul taught me a lot about what the sun can do for us in preparing food and a whole lot more.
Some of the things that Paul spoke about include:
- How to use the Sun Oven to:
- Cook all types of food from 21 pound turkeys to awesome baked beans, bread, and more.
- Naturally dehydrate fruits, vegetables, and meats.
- Boil or pasteurize water.
- Brew sun tea.
- Kill infestations in grains or dried foods.
- Heat water for hygiene and sanitation.
- Sterilize medical instruments.
- Dry firewood.
- Enhance winter sprouting.
- What makes the design and manufacturing of the All American Sun Oven a higher quality than hand made or other solar cookers.
- The broad spectrum of locations and conditions that the Sun Oven can be used in.
- Potential utility and energy savings that can be gained from using a Sun Oven.
- How easy the Sun Oven is use and maintain.
- The role that the Sun Oven plays around the world, especially in disaster ravaged areas and third world countries.
- With regular maintenance, the Sun Oven will last for decades.
- And a whole lot more!
It was a knowledge packed webinar and left me with plenty of food for thought (pun intended). I love the idea that the Sun Oven is not only a great option to have if things go south, it is a great cooking option now for a myriad of reasons.
In addition to the wealth of knowledge that Paul shared, he has graciously put together a Sun Oven package valued at $448 that is specially priced for Prepared Ninja readers at only $315, a savings of 30%! This package includes:
- 1 – All American Sun Oven
- Set of 3 – Dehydrating & Baking Rack Set
- 2 – Easy Stack Pots
- 1 – Multi-Fuel Water Pastuerizing Indicator
- 2 – Loaf Pans
- 1 – Cloudy Day Cube Stove w/ 12 Fuel Disks/Fire Starters
- 1 – Sun Oven eCookbook & Emergency Preparedness CD w/ 600 recipes, hundreds of pictures, video clips, and much more!
- FREE Shipping!
You just have to use the coupon code ‘PreparedNinjaWebinar’ when you checkout.
If you did miss the Sun Oven webinar, or made it but would like to listen to it again, Paul has selflessly provided a replay of the Sun Oven Essentials Cooking Class, but the replay is only available for the next couple of days.
Watch the replay while it is still available!
Once Monday, July 27th hits, the webinar replay will be taken down and the HUGE savings will disappear.